It will premiere during the summer midseason on July 19, 2018 at 9pm, back-to-back with the first two episodes.
In the spirit of true crime documentaries, the second season of this outrageous fish-out-of-water comedy centers on bright-eyed New York lawyer Josh Segal (Nicholas D'Agosto), still relatively a newcomer in a tiny southern town, who is sturdily posed for his next big case there. His mission? To defend the eccentric first lady of East Peck, Lavinia Peck-Foster (Kristin Chenoweth), known for her flamboyant outfits, large hats and hairless cat, and who suddenly finds herself accused of the bizarre murder of her beloved husband. As Josh continues to settle into his makeshift office behind a taxidermy shop while working with his quirky team of local misfits, he suspects that winning his second big case this time should be easy (especially when his client is the town favorite), but is it?
- Nicholas D'Agosto as Josh Segal (0/10)
- Jayma Mays as Carol Anne Keane (0/10)
- Steven Boyer as Dwayne Reed (0/10)
- Sherri Shepherd as Anne Flatch (0/10)
- Kristin Chenoweth as Lavinia Peck-Foster (0/10)
- Amanda Payton as Nina Rudolph (0/10)
- Michael Hitchcock as Jesse Ray Beaumont (0/10)
Episodes List: Midseason 2018
|Image||Title||Writer(s)||Director||Airdate||Rating||Season #||Episode #|
|The Suitcase||Jeff Astrof||July 19, 2018||2||1|
|Josh Segal and Associates get their first case, defending Lavinia Peck-Foster, the eccentric First Lady of East Peck, who was found with her husband Edgar's corpse in a suitcase in her trunk. Lavinia is surly, entitled, larger than life and, instead of hugs, her currency of connection is a face slap. On the other hand, she is wealthy so she can pay him. Winning this case could be Josh's ticket for his true goal, to be considered a "Pecker." Unfortunately, complications and bodies keep piling up and there are more questions than answers.|
|The Timeline||July 19, 2018||2||2|
|When Judge Kamiltow rules that Lavinia must stand trial for the murder of her husband, Josh and the team try to poke holes in the timeline of the case Carol Anne will present. But when a clock is determined to be the murder weapon, they are forced to seek help from two unlikely sources - the convicted murderer of Lavinia's brother and the host of a popular murder podcast called M-Town.|
- This season will have a different murder case, a female is accused of murdering her husband.
- ↑ http://tvline.com/2018/04/12/trial-error-premiere-date-season-2-kristin-chenoweth/
- ↑ https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/kristin-chenoweth-star-trial-error-season-2-nbc-1087584
- ↑ http://deadline.com/2018/03/trial-error-amanda-payton-season-2-nbc-legal-comedy-series-1202307682/
- ↑ https://deadline.com/2018/04/trial-error-michael-hitchcock-recur-season-2-nbc-comedy-1202363350/